Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Serious Thought

I'm not really a politically charged person, and I don't really think this is the forum to express anything I would ever have to say about politics, but I do have a few thoughts. Yesterday was a snow day, so I got to stay home and watch our new President. There are so many different opinions and perceptions of our new president. But here's my take....

If yesterday didn't touch you in some way, I don't think you are human. Regardless of if you agree with his stand on the issues or not, it says alot for our country that we can come to the point to elect and support a minority. It was just a big day and holds alot of strength that if we are smart, we can grow upon.

And whether or not you agree with him or voted for him, I would think that we all should want to see him succeed--for the sake of our country and for our own sake. We should all want to suppport our leader, so that he can help turn us onto an upward path. At this point, he is the president, no turning back from that---so be supportive. It makes no sense for people to still be bashing him. It makes no sense for people to want to see him fail, for for the sake of being about to say "I told you so" because if he fails, we all fail.

Its time to set aside our differences and all embark on a new journey together, There's power, strength and safety in numbers.

1 comment:

good joo said...

great post. said much kinder than the joos. WE LOVE BARACK EFFING OBAMA! eat a dick rush limbaugh.