Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Joys of My Job

This is an email conversation I had today. For history, the lady I work with has it out for me and has printed emails I've sent her before and given to my boss simply because she didn't like my tone I guess.

So in an attempt to avoid her doing that again, I sent her an email today---then forwarded to my boss to cover myself. I just had a feeling she would be pissed, so I figured I'd beat her to the punch. It went like this (I'm sorry, you have to start at the bottom, I couldn't get it to cut the way I wanted it. Work in reverse order, like a regular email):


(5) From: THE MAN To: me
10-4.
Alternate email.

dear *lady*,

I am really uncomfortable trying to call everyone that does not make a payment. Every E&O class that I have been to warns against doing this unless you are sure that you will never miss one. I will try to let you know when I see one that is going cancel as you know who in addition to the insured who to call or if you even want to try and save it.
Thanks,
**signed



(4) From: me To: THE MAN (boss)
I just have a feeling I should send you this. That way if it gets printed out, you will already know.



(3) From: me To: lady
No. I’m not calling because if I do it once, I have to do it every month. I know you sometimes call, but I’m not going there. It’s too much of a liab and I don’t want to have him bring that up if he ever cancels when I didn’t call. You can call if you want. I just thought I’d let you know he was pending…


(2) From: lady To: me
Did you call his mom?


(1) From: me To: lady
I tried to email *guy* to let him know policy is pending cancellation for tomorrow. Thought I’d just let you know (email came back to me as undeliverable).



End of conversation. I just love a job where it is my "job" to kiss ass. On my last day, when I find another job and give them 1 day notice that I'm out, I'm leaving the office throwing papers in the air and middle fingers flying.

No comments: